A STAR product containing three powerful components:
Together, these have a powerful effect to provide instantaneous relief to hypersensitivity.
Riva Star was designed by three renowned Australian clinicians, bringing together their clinical knowledge and experience of using these three exceptional components, and combining them into one STAR product – Riva Star!
Riva Star – Other benefits
Riva Star is essential for clinicians practising minimally invasive dentistry1-3,5. It conditions dentine and may assist tooth preservation4,5.
Riva Star – Increasing bond strengths of GICs
Pre-treating tooth surfaces with Riva Star is a great way to enhance bonding of glass ionomers to dentine4.
Riva Star – Patented procedure
Unlike other silver fluoride systems, Riva Star’s two step patented procedure minimises the risk of staining. By applying the potassium iodide solution over the silver fluoride, a silver iodide creamy white precipitate is formed and then turns clear.
Riva Star – A desensitising star offering immediate relief
The silver fluoride and potassium iodide action in Riva Star blocks the microscopic tubules that make up dentine. A low-solubility precipitate is formed that gives instant relief. It acts by preventing the flow of fluid that produces sensitivity 3.
Riva Star – Two years and beyond esensitising effect
A clinical study supports the immediate effect after one application with Riva Star. Desensitisation lasts at least 2 years6.
Riva Star – Indications
- Desentising cervical tooth hypersensitivity.
- Each pair of capsules (green and silver) can treat up to 5 teeth on a patient.
1. Knight GM, Mclntyre JM, Craig G, Zilm PS, Gully N.; Inability to form a biofilm of Streptococcus mutans on silver fluoride-and potassium iodide-treated demineralized dentin. Quintessence international (Berlin, Germany: 1985) 2009;40:155.
2. Knight GM.; The Pharmacological management of dentine to protect against plaque microorganism degradation. PhD Thesis University of Adelaide 2008.
3. Knight GM, Mclntyre JM, Craig G, Zilm PS, Gully NJ.; Differences between normal and demineralized dentine pretreated with silver fluoride and potassium iodide after an in vitro challenge by Streptococcus mutans. Australian Dental Journal 2007;52:16-21.
4. Knight GM, Mclntyre JM.; The effect of silver fluoride and potassium iodide on the bond strength of auto cure glass ionomer cement to dentine. Australian Dental Journal 2006;51:42-45.
5. Knight GM, Mclntyre J, Craig G.; Ion uptake into demineralized dentine from glass ionomer cement following pretreatment with silver fluoride and potassium iodide. Australian Dental Journal 2006;51:23 7 -24l.
6. Craig G. G.; Clinical evaluation of a diamine silver fluoride/potassium iodide as a dentine desensitizing agent: 2-year follow up.
Riva Star Kit contains 10x Riva Silver Capsules, 10x Riva Green Capsules, 2x gingival barrier